ReCon Big Block Retaining Walls
Spilker Precast is proud to offer the ReCon big block retaining wall system. ReCon was founded in 2000 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has since become one of the premier producers of “big block” retaining walls. Popular on the east coast and in the Midwest region of the United States, Spilker Precast is excited to offer ReCon to our clients in the Pacific Northwest.
ReCon Retaining Walls are high performance retaining wall systems with the look, scale and durability of massive natural stone. ReCon precast big block retaining walls are fast becoming the product of choice for a wide variety of commercial, residential and institutional retaining walls and demanding water applications.
Retaining walls must be made of long term durable concrete.
- The ReCon concrete blocks for retaining walls are made from wet cast concrete specifically designed to withstand the adverse effects of freeze thaw cycles, brackish water, and storm water runoff.
- Spilker Precast manufactures the ReCon Block using a minimum 4000 psi mix design with air entrainment in accordance with its quality assurance program. Don’t settle for less.
Retaining walls must be engineered to perform.
- ReCon has the industry leading gravity retaining wall system. ReCon’s large retaining wall block can be engineered for unreinforced gravity retaining walls reaching heights in excess of 20’.
- The ReCon system offers block depths ranging from 24” to 84”, which translates to both design flexibility and efficiency.
- ReCon has the testing and design software tools for both gravity retaining walls and geo-grid reinforced retaining walls.
- A final design prepared and stamped by a licensed professional engineer is required on most commercial and governmental projects. These stamped plans are also required by many municipalities prior to issuance of a building permit for walls exceeding certain specified heights or walls considered critical in their application.
Retaining walls should enhance the aesthetics of the natural surroundings and add value to a property.
- Spilker Precast offers the Rustic texture for a natural cut stone appearance that looks great in natural grey or can be stained to match other surrounding stone on your site.
- Spilker Precast can offer additional textures within the ReCon family of textures, recognizing that additional lead time for production will be required.
Retaining walls should be contractor friendly.
- The ReCon large retaining wall block system is easy to install and utilizes a contractor’s existing equipment.
- Spilker Precast maintains a list of installers with whom we’ve successfully completed projects. We will make this list available, if requested. The quality of the installation can have an important impact on the success of a project and we are committed to helping you in understanding proper installation practices.
Retaining wall suppliers must provide support tools to its specifying architects and engineers, wall design engineers, contractors, and site owners. Check out the “toolboxes” for our important constituents at www.reconwalls.com.
When looking for a retaining wall, turn to Spilker Precast and to ReCon Wall Systems for the
“Aesthetics You Want…Performance You Need”
To learn more about ReCon big block retaining walls, check out the following: